24 September 2010

Crusade 44 - In a Scrape part 2

As promised last week and yesterday, here are some more journals backgrounds. The first 3 are from my leather-bound journal and the last 3 from my sketchbook. I used the scraping method on all of them to apply colour and a few more techniques on some of them.

Comme promis la semaine passée et hier, voici quelques fonds provenant de mes journaux. Les 3 premiers sont de mon journal relié en cuir et les 3 derniers de mon sketchbook. J'ai utilisé la méthode du râclage sur toutes ces pages pour appliquer la peinture et quelques autres techniques sur certaines d'entre elles.

This first spread was done scraping 3 colours and applying a 4th with a sponge.
La première mise en page a été faite en râclant 3 couleurs puis en appliquant une 4e couleur à l'éponge.

Here, I applied acrylic paint + a glazing medium with a card then scraped some beaded gel medium on some spots. I stamped with the end of a toilet paper roll, glued some cellophane that was used on another background and dripped some paint with water.
Ici, j'ai appliqué la peinture acrylique + du medium à glacis avec une carte puis j'ai râclé du médium acrylique à billes à certains endroits. J'ai étampé avec le bout d'un rouleau de papier hygiènique, collé un pellicule plastique dont je me suis servie pour un autre fond et fait coulé de la peinture avec de l'eau.

One colour scraped. I then brushed paint over a doily (heavy body acrylic worked best), with a paint brush because it just didn't work with the card. Then, I used the doily as a stamp on the other page.
Une couleur râclée. J'ai ensuite mis de la peinture sur une dentelle de papier (l'acrylique dite "heavy body" a fonctionné le mieux), avec un pinceau parce que ça ne fonctionnait pas avec la carte. Ensuite, je me suis servie de la dentelle comme étampe sur l'autre page.

4 colours scraped, 1 colour sponged through a doily. My least favourite background so far but I will try to work with it as is.
4 couleurs râclées, 1 couleur épongée au travers d'une dentelle. C'est le fond que j'aime le moins jusqu'à présent mais je vais tenter de m'en servir tel quel.

 Background colour painted with glazing medium to keep it wet longer. Then I applied cellophane on top to create texture and removed it when the paint was dry. After that I scraped a second colour over it. I really like this background.
Couleur de fond peinte avec un médium à glacis pour la garder mouillée plus longtemps. Puis, j'ai appliqué un pellicule plastique dessus pour créer une texture et l'ai retirée lorsque la peinture fut sèche. Ensuite j'ai râclé une deuxième couleur par-dessus. J'aime beaucoup ce fond.

 3 colours scraped. And interesting combination here.
3 couleurs râclées. Une combinaison intéressante ici.

So, no completed page after all but lots of backgrounds to play with. While doing these, I realized that I love warmer colours like hot pink, orange and red but I do like to try cooler colours like blue, green and a bit of lavender. Which types of colour to you find yourself reaching for more often?

Alors, aucune page complétée après tout mais plein de fonds pour m'amuser. Pendant que je les créais, je me suis rendue compte que j'aime les couleurs chaudes comme le rose vif, orange et rouge mais j'aime aussi essayer des couleurs froides comme bleu, vert et un peu de lavande. Quel type de couleur vous attire le plus?

7 comments:

artbrat said...

I really like the green and orange one (your current least fav!) I just adore that color combination.

Don't you love Bead Gel Medium???? I just started using it and find the effects it makes irresistable.

-Brandy

Janet said...

Sophie, these are all so cool. I like the one with the doily, and the very last one.

I personally like cool colors but when I create art I tend to use warmer colors.

lee said...

thanks for sharing your beautiful backgrounds.....love the colour

M said...

I looooove your pages! Wonderful! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Love how the doily worked....I will definitely have to try that!

michelle ward said...

Sophie - love that you kept at it and tried more pages! That doilie page is marvelous. Love that you discovered color preferences through the exercise. We never know what we are going to learn when we just plug in and do it! Thanks for sharing with the team!

Daphne said...

These pages are lovely, all of them...makes me want to go do more scraping!Thanks for sharing so many different techniques, makes me want to go do more scraping! I love making backgrounds, and find that I use the warm colours more.