16 May 2011

A new stamp and a new goal - Une nouvelle étampe et un nouveau but

Yesterday, I decided to start rearranging my living room/studio. The table I was using to do my art is too low so I moved another one in which has folding panels. I started moving my main supplies to my new work area and I suddenly knew what I needed to finish the postcards I was working on for a swap: a new bird stamp! So I carved my stamp and then tested it on a journal cover before completing my postcards. You can see one of them in the background (they are all similar.) I will scan or photograph them individually for another post.

While moving things around, I fully realized how much stuff I have and it got a bit overwhelming at one point. So my goal, for the rest of this year, is to create as much as possible with what I already have on hand. The only supply I will allow myself to buy is glue. And I will also get rid of the things I create by selling, giving or donating them whenever possible. I have the supplies, I have the imagination... all I need is to get cracking!

Hier, j'ai décidé de commencer à réarranger mon salon/studio. La table que j'utilisais pour faire mon art est trop basse alors j'en ai déplacée une autre qui a des panneaux battants. J'ai commencé à déplacer mes outils principaux vers ma nouvelle aire de travail et j'ai soudainement su ce qu'il me fallait pour finir les cartes postales sur lesquelles je travaillais pour un échange: une nouvelle étampe d'oiseau! Alors j'ai gravé mon étampe et l'ai testée sur la couverture d'un journal avant de terminer mes cartes postales. Vous pouvez en voir une en fond (elles sont toutes similaires.) Je les scannerai ou photographierai individuellement pour un autre article.

Pendant que je déplaçais mes choses, je me suis vraiment rendu compte de la quantité de choses que j'ai et ça m'a un peu écrasé à un certain moment. Alors mon but, pour le reste de l'année, est de créer autant que possible avec ce que j'ai déjà sous la main. La seule fourniture que je me permettrai d'acheter est de la colle. Et je veux aussi me débarrasser des choses que je crée par la vente, les cadeaux ou les dons lorsque possible. J'ai les fournitures, j'ai l'imagination... il ne me reste qu'à me lancer!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

What a gorgeous stamp - I am seriously impressed.

Janet said...

That's a great goal and one I wish I could follow. I'm seriously going through my art supplies over the next few weeks and getting rid of a lot of stuff.

I love the bird stamp!!!

Michelle L. said...

I am exactly in the same predicament! Good luck with your giant mountain of stuff - I'll try to reduce mine, too. Love the bird!

Anonymous said...

Your stamp is beautiful - that bird looks very graceful. Pure SophieThé talent! I'm glad you got to rearrange your room, and that you'll be more comfortable. Ceeya 2nite!

Kim Mailhot said...

fantastic stamp !
You made a great goal for yourself. I am thinking the same thing. My studio is filled with stuff. Enough stuff to fill up art making for two lives ! Glue and paint refills for my favoirte colors...that is all I could ever need to bring in !