14 August 2008

New hair, new painting



So I did get my hair coloured but decided not to go for the "fireman" red like last time. I went for a dark brown with red highlights. And I got a new haircut. I love it!







Today, I got the urge to paint. It hadn't happen in a long time. This is the result. I have no idea who or what she is. But she wanted to be painted. She doesn't have a name yet either.

The canvas board is 12"x16" and I only used acrylic paints. For the building, I used Light Modeling Paste from Liquitex mixed with black acrylic paint. The lighter streaks were made with reinkers that I let drop down the canvas board (I turned it upside down afterwards to complete the painting) and then wiped off.

I don't have much else to say.

5 comments:

altermyworld said...

I love your hair, its so snazzy!!! ANd the painting is righteous, it will be interesting to learn more about it.
I am sure in time you will know.
ANg

Ginny said...

Very cool painting!

Janet said...

Doesn't it always give you a little boost to get a haircut and new color? I like it. And the painting is awesome. She'll tell you her story sooner or later.

ArteDar said...

This is FEIRCE....love the colors and wispy hair....she looks like she's been freed to me. Great style...and you're a cutie~patuttie yourself!
oxoxox

Pam Aries said...

Hi Sophie! love the new do..I am positively overdue for a new do! Love your painting too. Isn't it great to get that urge to paint and really get the message! yay!