01 April 2008

Inspiration is everywhere


Where do you find your inspiration? Do you have a special place you go to when looking for a new idea? Do you look at every day things for inspiration?

For this month's daily art cards, I decided to make them in order to turn them into my very own inspirational deck (following in Violette's footsteps.) When I woke up this morning, I started thinking about what my card would be today. I got my answer only when I came back from work tonight. On the windshield of my car, someone had tucked a card under the whipper blade. A Pokemon card with "energy" on it. It had been raining most of the day but the sun came out just as I left from work so inspired by the card and the energy from the sun, I went about creating my card. I made it 3" x 4" out of watercolour paper and it was coloured with watercolour, coloured pencils, Glaze pen, PosterPaint Marker and a flower stamp with ink.

2 comments:

iHanna said...

energy - such an important word that is. I think I have to little and I don't work hard enough to find it! Though I have inspiration en masse - everywhere to be found! - I also need energy to complete and do the things I want to do. Next question is: where to find energy? :-)

altermyworld said...

hi, thank you checking in on me, life is better, more focused. I draw inspiration from colours and then need to be around colours.
i also dream alot of my art.
ANg