04 June 2008

Printmaking

One of the swaps I joined recently on ATCSforALL is called Printmaking ATCs. The idea is that everyone who participates must make their own rubber stamp or make other types of prints (monoprinting, Screen-printing, etc.) I decided to make my own rubber stamp by carving into a block of Speedball carving block. I liked it so much, I carved a couple of erasers too!

I know I don't post as often as I used to but I prefer to concentrate on creating right now. And enjoying life. Besides, whenever I spend too much time on the internet, I start thinking about all the things I _should_ be doing and then get depressed because I don't do them. No more! I have plans to go to the movies with my coworker/friend soon and this summer we're going to the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts to see the exhibit about Yves St-Laurent (who just passed away a few days ago, I might add.) Haute Couture to drool over... well not over but close to... I'll keep you updated on that!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I like your stamp. What tools did you use to carve it? I have some stamp-carving material (pink block) and I tried carving it with some woodcarving tools but they didn't work very good.

As for blogging, I say do it when you feel like it and don't stress over it.