01 June 2008

News from the procrastinator

Remember when I said I was lazy and messy and a procrastinator? Today I tried to do something about it. I didn't allow myself to turn on the television or the computer until all my dishes were cleaned (a week's worth at least) and all my clothes folded and put away (3 weeks of laundry worth.) I also forced myself to cook something for dinner which I don't always do. And it worked! All of it! My kitchen counter is empty, as is the sink. All my clothes are in their right place. Nothing laying around. Now, next step is the living room/studio. But not tonight. I've done enough for one day!

This morning I went grocery shopping and the only "junk" I bought was a six-pack of small Ginger Ale cans. And I don't usually spend all that much at the grocery store but this time, for some reason, I did. And it was the first time that I could get the "free item with purchase of 60$ or more" which was broccoli. So that was a nice surprise.

I'm signed up for a few swaps over at ATCSforALL. It's addicting, I tell ya! Probably my healthiest addiction to date! ;-)

3 comments:

Janet said...

I need to do that, too! I head for the computer first thing in the morning and then that's it for several hours. Maybe tomorrow I'll do what you did and see what happens. Wish me luck!!

JoyceAnn said...

I have that problem too. I'm on the computer now , while I should be doing dishes.
Maybe I'll try that challenge tommorrow along with Janet.

~ Hugs ~ JoyceAnn

artbrat said...

Its so easy to allow ourselves to become distracted from those mundane chores. It so much more fun to see whats new in cyberspace. Glad you got so much accomplished and good luck on the living room/studio.