05 January 2010

January 5th - 5 Janvier


Although I haven't been very creative in the past few days, I did finish drawing this mandala that I had started in December. I started working on another one but it's not done yet. I really enjoy creating these drawings. I draw them while watching television, while sitting with kids at work, while waiting at the hairdresser's, etc. It's relaxing. I decided that this little white book will now be exclusively for mandalas. And I plan on having a zentangle book because I love drawing those just as much. I think it the repetition of movement, of pattern that I like so much about those types of drawing. And the fact that I can't rush them. I really have to slow down and see the lines and dots as I draw them. And stop worrying about everything. Just focus on the drawing, on the patterns... Now, I think I'll go make some felt ornaments.

By the way, my knuckle is not 100% but it's much better than it was over the weekend.

***

Même si je n'ai pas été très créative ces derniers jours, j'ai tout de même fini ce mandala que j'avais commencé en Décembre. J'en ai commencé un autre mais il n'est pas terminé. J'aime beaucoup créer ces dessins. Je dessine pendant que je regarde la télévision, assise avec des enfants au travail, en attendant chez la coiffeuse, etc. C'est relaxant. J'ai décidé que ce petit livre blanc servira exclusivement à faire des mandalas. Et j'ai l'intention d'avoir un livre pour mes zentangles parce que j'aime les dessiner tout autant que les mandalas. Je pense que c'est la répétition du mouvement, des motifs que j'aime tant dans ces genres de dessins. Et le fait que je ne peux pas les faire vite. Il faut vraiment que je prenne mon temps pour voir les lignes et les points quand je les dessine. Et arrêter de m'en faire avec tout le reste. Juste me concentrer sur le dessin, sur les motifs... Maintenant, je pense que je vais aller faire des décorations en feutrine.

En passant, ma jointure n'est pas remise à 100% mais elle est beaucoup mieux qu'elle ne l'était en fin de semaine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Sophie! You are truly talented.

Sharon : )

P.S. Don't worry...be happy...

iHanna said...

How fun, I just saw Twilight again yesterday and did a zentangle very like yours while watching it. :-)

artbrat said...

I love your mandala. Hope you are well!

Brandy