03 November 2008

29 gifts - Week 3

Even though I haven't been blogging the past week, I have been doing my daily gifts. And Daily Art Card. And writing in my "Every Day Brings something new" journal. And... well, I've been busy. And for the rest of November, I'm also busy with writing a novel. This year I've decided to go with a fantasy novel, in french, my main character being a character I created about 15 years ago. So far, I'm on track and am already surprised with the way my story is turning out.

These four ATCs are for an Affirmation swap. I made the backgrounds with wax crayons, watercolour paint, ink pads and a stencil. The words are written in Indian Black Ink and White Acrylic Ink. The faces and bodies are coloured with coloured pencils and blended with Gamsol. I'm really happy with these cards.

***
Même si je n'ai pas blogué dans la dernière semaine, j'ai donné mes cadeaux à tous les jours. Et j'ai fait mes cartes journalières. Et j'ai écrit dans mon journal "Chaque jour apporte quelque chose de nouveau". Et... bien, j'ai été occupée. Et pour le reste de Novembre, je suis aussi occupée à écrire un roman. Cette année j'ai décidé d'écrire un roman fantastique, en français, mon personnage principal en étant un que j'ai créé il y a environ 15 ans. Jusqu'à présent, je suis sur le bon chemin et je suis déjà surprise de la tournure que prend mon histoir.

Les 4 CAÉ montrées ici ont été faites pour un échange sur une thématique d'affirmation. J'ai fait les fonds avec des crayons de cire, de l'aquarelle, des tampons encreurs et un gabarit. Les mots sont écrits en encre à dessin noire et en encre acrylique blanche. Les visages et les corps ont été colorés avec des crayons de couleurs et les traits sont estompés avec du Gamsol. Je suis vraiment contente du résultat.

4 comments:

Janet said...

You put me to shame!! You're accomplishing so much this month! Good luck with all your projects but I know you'll do good.

Your affirmations cards are beautiful....and such a good idea. We all need to do more positive affirmations.

Lisa said...

Love the cards!! Good luck with writing.

artbrat said...

Your cards are wonderful.

I had a wondeful visit here after being away from blogs for a bit. I love the 29 gift idea and will be investigating that more fully soon.

Happy late Birthday. It sounds like you had a nice time with your mom.

Melissa said...

These are absolutely lovely!

~Girl Powder, I mean Power~
Melissa