04 December 2007

A picture and a sketch

This is my mother's dog Magy (pronounced Magie as in Magie Noire ie Black Magic.) He is such a peculiar dog. Sometimes, he acts more like a cat than dog. So we started calling him Minou (which means Kitty.) He loves boxes and baskets. He's so photogenic, don't you think?


A few days ago, Violette wrote on her blog: Whenever i visit a blog and there's no visual the only thing that will keep me there is compelling copy. Usually i say to myself "What the heck? NO visual? I'm outta here!"

This has inspired me to always find a picture or work of art to show in my posts. I know what she means by it. I too find that if there's no visual, it's harder to stick around.




So in that state of mind, I give you a sketch, made in my spiral bound journal. I started with the eyes and the rest just seemed to draw itself from there. I know it's not proportioned but I don't mind. I'm not good at "realistic" drawings or paintings.

So anyway, this might turn into something completely different while I work on it. So here is the before picture... And maybe soon you'll have the after picture. (Notice the paint from the previous page that overflowed onto this one?)



I've had a few new visitors on my blog and on my Flickr account. I'm always excited when I get new comments and even more when it's from people who have never commented before! It doesn't take much to make me happy! I've been sharing my good mood by commenting all over my favourite blogs for the past three hours or so. I feel good. I hope I brought at least a bit of happiness to those that received my comments. And even if I didn't, I still feel good!

I hope everyone has a lovely evening. Goodnight!

5 comments:

CeeCee said...

OK, well... here's my happy comment on your blog. Cute dog/kitty, cute drawing. hehehehe
I've made up my mind; I will buy a sketch book as well. You did it! You've inspired me.
thank you :-)
CC

Pam Aries said...

Hi Kool!,,THe doggie is cute and he does act like a cat..cats love to get in boxes! I posted a pic of my giveaway, finally....I haven't been blogging too much lately. Hey, I like your drawing.

Janet said...

I found you through Violette and the message board. The dog is adorable! And I like your drawing, too. Also like the one back a few posts, kind of a yoga pose. And all your Christmas cards are beautiful. I'll be back for another visit.

iHanna said...

You do spread happiness by being such a sweet commenter! did you see viloettes vidoe about doodling. a sketch can develope... into anything! :-)

take care sophie and come back to my blog soon! hehe.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! Animals tend to really have a good time in boxes huh? Not just dogs either....I have found that cat's REALLY LOVE THEM! Thanks for sharing that with us.
Your sketch is outstanding! Your really inspiring and wonderful! Thank you! *HUGS*