24 March 2008

Art soothes my soul


I. am. an. artist.

I make art. Art is me. No matter how big or small. I have to have art. I have to make art. It is a part of me. of my life. It _is_ my life. The rest is extra. Or is it?

I finished reading The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. And while reading it, I've realized how aware I really am of living NOW. Sure I get lost in my thoughts, in my dreams like most people. But I also often get these moments where my thoughts are completely still and I can just appreciate Being. Here. Now.

It's powerful stuff.

Artwork is a page from my journal for Emily Falconbridge's challenge.

2 comments:

J C said...

Great post. I didn't read the book, but I don't really need to. I believe that way already! xoxoxo

Janet said...

I haven't read that book yet. I feel the same way about art. If I don't do any for a few days I get grumpy and bored and irritable. Art is part of me. I think as artists we can understand that in others.