12 March 2008

How do you like your coffee?

I've signed up for an ATC swap which has a coffee theme. So I've been creating coffee themed things. And being inspired by this painting. So I decided to try something new. Painting with coffee. Yup, you read me right. Dipping my paintbrush into a cup of coffee. I love it! It makes for lovely shades of beige and brown. And it smells yummy too!

Have tried something new lately? Something different? Are you pushing your limits? Give it a try and let me know how it goes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful piece! Thanks for sharing it with us!

artbrat said...

What a great idea to paint with coffee. I'd have trouble doing that because I'd probably dip my brush into the wrong cup as I'm usually drinking coffee as I paint. Nice piece and great ingenuity.

jjcreations said...

Anything with coffee is right up my alley....and painting with it!!!!! Wow. I like this card, wonderful job. Joan

Pam Aries said...

Hey Miss Koolio! What a great ATC swap...coffee... I posted about some coffeee today! ha! Hey..do you want to swap a coffee ATC with me???

CeeCee said...

This is a very interesting technique! I love your ATC. Lots of elements there, all monochrome, nice drawings. Quite nice.

CC