19 April 2011

Books and journals - Livres et journaux

Last month, I won the book Art at the Speed of Life on Kate's blog and I finally started reading it over the weekend. One of the first exercises in the book is to make a Ten-Minute Journal. Well, I didn't have the size of paper suggested in the book so I made smaller ones instead. The ones in the photo were done with colored copy paper (8 1/2" x 11") and I made another one with watercolour paper (11" x 15".) 

Over the weekend, I treated myself to a few craft books, one of which is 365: A daily creativity journal. A few years ago, I made daily art cards for a full year. I haven't done a 365 project before or since and I thought now would be a great time to get started. Why now? Well, actually, as I'm writing this, it's still April 18th which is exactly 6 months from my birthday so it seemed like a good time to get started on such a project. I don't know if I'll make 365 journals or if it'll be 365 days of making journals AND creating in them. It might turn into something completely different along the way but for now, I want to make new mini-journals every day. And hopefully, some of them will find their way into my store.

Le mois dernier, j'ai gagné le livre Art at the Speed of Life sur le blogue de Kate et j'ai finalement commencé à le lire pendant la fin de semaine. Un des premiers exercices dans le livre est le Journal Dix-Minute. Et bien, je n'avais pas la grandeur de papier recommandée dans le livre alors j'en ai fait des plus petits à la place. Ceux dans la photo ont été faits avec du papier de couleur pour imprimante (21.5cm x 27.9cm) et j'en ai fait un autre avec du papier aquarelle (27.9cm x 38.1cm.)

Pendant la fin de semaine, je me suis fait plaisir en achetant quelques livres d'artisanat, l'un d'eux étant 365: A daily creativity journal. Il y a quelques années, j'ai fait des cartes artistiques journalières pendant une année complète. Je n'avais pas fait de projet 365 avant et n'ai pas répété l'expérience depuis et je me suis dit que ce serait un bon moment pour m'y mettre. Pourquoi maintenant? Et bien, en fait, j'écris ceci alors que nous sommes encore le 18 avril qui est à exactement 6 mois de ma fête alors ça semblait être un bon moment pour commencer un tel projet. Je ne sais pas si je ferai 365 journaux ou si ce sera 365 jours à faire des journaux ET créer sur leurs pages. Ça changera peut-être complètement au fil du temps mais pour l'instant, je veux faire des mini-journaux chaque jour. Et espérons que certains d'entre eux se retrouveront dans ma boutique.
 

3 comments:

lee said...

what a great idea, I will stay tuned

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Thanks for the links to the books, they look good. Great challenge, good luck with it
Lee:)

CeeCee said...

Go, Soph, go! You can do it.
btw, I love that photo. You know me and my colors. They just look so yummy like that. My birthday is before yours... will I be getting orginals from Miss KoolAid? Wouldn't mind that {grin}.