14 January 2011

4 years - 4 années

4 years ago, I started this blog. I didn't really know what I was doing but I kept doing it anyway. There are days when I wonder if I do know, even now, what I'm doing. But I keep doing it. Because I enjoy it. Because I consider a lot of you, if not most of you, to be my friends. Because I can share my creativity with the world.

Today also marks the mailing of my Sketchbook to New York for the Sketchbook Project. Above is a photo of the cover. I decided to keep it simple. A bit of paint, a piece of paper with the title stamped on it and a hand-carved stamp of a pencil (which I actually carved last night!) I'll show the pages in another post... or two...

In the meantime, I wish you all a wonderful weekend filled with love and laughter.

Il y a 4 ans, j'ai commencé ce blogue. Je ne savais pas ce que je faisais mais j'ai tout de même continué. Certains jours, je me demande encore si je sais ce que je fais. Mais je continue tout de même. Parce que j'aime ça. Parce que je considère plusieurs d'entre vous, sinon la plupart, comme des amies. Parce que je peux partager ma créativité avec le monde entier.

Aujourd'hui marque aussi l'envoi de mon Sketchbook à New York pour le Sketchbook Project. Ci-haut, une photo de la couverture. J'ai décidé de garder ça simple. Un peu de peinture, un morceau de papier avec le titre étampé dessus et une étampe d'un crayon gravée à la main (que j'ai gravée hier soir en fait!) Je vous montrerai les pages dans un autre article... ou deux...

En attendant, je vous souhaite une fin de semaine merveilleuse, remplie d'amour et de rires.

5 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

Bravo! Sophie.

" Rêve de grandes choses, cela te permettra d'en faire de mille petites..." (auteur inconnue)

Janet said...

Congratulations on four years! I'm glad you started your blog and continue with it....it's always fun to come here and see what you've created. I'm never disappointed!

The cover is perfect....love the pencil stamp!

J C said...

Sophie girl, you answered your own question. You do it because you enjoy it. Don't stop. I enjoy it too when I come here! xoxo

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Well done on your 4 years Sophie. I love visiting your blog for all your new ideas.
Your hand carved stamp is great and I love the simplicity of the cover. Can't wait to see inside
Lee:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Sophie! Here's to many many more years of showing us your wonderful artistic talents!