31 January 2011

Project ReStyle #4

I've lost a bit of weight in the last few months so all my clothes are a bit too big now. I'm not ready to buy new clothes so I've started wearing belts with my pants. I have a wide one made with a recycled seat-belt buckle from a Viper that my mother gave me for Christmas but I needed a skinnier one for these black pants. I decided to use a leopard print scarf I never wear and a small metal buckle I took from an old bag from the thrift shop. A bit of braiding and sewing later, I now have a cute skinny belt. And I kind of like the bit of fraying happening on it.

J'ai perdu un peu de poids ces derniers mois alors tous mes vêtements sont un peu trop grands. Je ne suis pas prête à refaire ma garde-robe alors j'ai commencé à porter des ceintures avec mes pantalons. J'en ai une large fait avec la boucle recyclée d'une ceinture de Viper que ma mère m'a donnée à Noël mais j'en avais besoin d'une plus mince pour ces pantalons noirs. J'ai décidé de prendre un foulard à imprimé léopard que je ne porte jamais et la petite boucle de métal que j'ai pris d'un vieux sac acheté dans une friperie. Un peu de tressafe et de couture plus tard, j'ai maintenant une jolie ceinture étroite. Et j'aime même l'effilochage qui se produit.
 

1 comment:

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Great idea Sophie. I will think differently about what I am throwing out next time. Thanks for the inspiration
Lee:)