10 March 2011

March Journal - Journal de Mars

Although I already have plenty of bought and handmade journals, I could not resist making a new one for the month of March. I made 3 signatures of 5 sheets and hand-sewed them to the spine of the covers. I'll show the outside in another post. 
This is the first page I made in it. This paper is white cardstock. I used a mask (made by CeeCee) and sprayed over it with some shimmer mist. Then I glued the red label over it and doodled a bit with a silver gel pen. I quickly carved 3 small stamps and tested them to make the border on the left. Traced the border's line with my gel pen and finally, wrote at the bottom and stamped the date. I loved making the small stamps (all under 1") and plan to make more for quick additions to journal pages.

Même si j'ai déjà suffisament de journaux achetés et faits à la main, je ne pouvais résister à la tentation d'en faire un nouveau pour le mois de Mars. J'ai fait 3 feuillets de 5 feuilles que j'ai cousus à la main au dos de la couverture. Je vous montrerai l'extérieur dans un autre article.
Voici la première page que j'ai faite dans ce journal. Ce type de papier est du carton blanc. J'ai utilisé un masque (fait par CeeCee) et j'ai vaporisé par-dessus avec un mélange scintillant. Puis j'ai collé l'étiquette rouge par dessus et j'ai gribouillé un peu avec un stylo gel argenté. J'ai rapidement graver 3 petites étampes que j'ai testées pour faire la bordure à gauche. J'ai tracé la ligne de la bordure avec mon stylo gel et finalement, j'ai écrit dans le bas et étampé la date. J'ai aimé faire les petites étampes (toutes moins de 2cms) et j'ai l'intention d'en faire plus pour des ajouts rapides sur mes pages de journal.

4 comments:

Kate Robertson said...

You can never have too many journals. This one looks very nice indeed.

Janet said...

Cute stamps! And I agree with Kate; you can never have too many journals.

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Lovely start to your journal Sophie. You have done really well with your hand carved stamps, love them
Lee:)

Nathalie Nayer said...

Moi aussi! Moi aussi! J'ai beaucoup trop de carnets. Mais même vides ils me maintiennent en bonne santé. Bravo pour celui-ci. J'adore!