22 July 2010

Nobody is perfect - Personne n'est parfait

Day 4.
Very simple page. Not much to say about it really.
I started by colouring with oil pastels then covered that with a thin layer of gesso. I could see a face peeking from the background so I drew its contour with a Poster Paint marker. Because the face is not perfect, not balanced (third time I've used that word this week...) I wrote the phrase: Nobody is perfect. The character's colours were darkened with chalk pastels and the words were coloured with markers. The end.

And that completes the small journal! Now I have three pages to make in the big one.

***

4ième jour.
Une page très simple. Pas grand chose à dire à son propos.
J'ai commencé par colorer avec des pastels gras puis j'ai recouvert le tout avec une mince couche de gesso. Je pouvais voir un visage émerger de l'arrière-plan alors j'ai dessiné son contour avec mon feutre Poster Paint. Parce que le visage n'est pas parfait, pas équilibré (c'est la troisième fois que j'utilise ce mot cette semaine...) j'ai écrit la phrase: Personne n'est parfait. Les couleurs du personnage ont assombries avec des pastels secs et les mots ont été colorés avec des feutres. Fin.

Et voilà mon petit journal de complété! Maintenant j'ai trois pages à faire dans le gros.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Congrats on completing the small journal. I like this page and the face. We all have imperfections. We should celebrate that!!

gma said...

This page is very cute! I love it!