17 September 2010

Crusade 44 - In a Scrape

For this month's crusade, Michelle is asking us to apply paint to our pages with a scraping tool such as an old credit card or spackle blade. This is something I do often but I usually do one or two colours max. I was trying to go for a grungier look this time so I layered many different colours. I also tried scraping through a stencil and over a mask but I didn't particularly like that so I scraped more paint over it. I'll keep playing with this technique and maybe I'll find a better way to use the stencils and masks.

Pour la croisade de ce mois-ci, Michelle nous demande d'appliquer la peinture sur nos pages avec un outil à racler comme une vieille carte de crédit ou un couteau à plâtre. C'est quelque chose que je fait souvent mais généralement j'utilise une ou deux couleurs au max. Je voulais essayer un look plus grunge cette fois-ci alors j'ai étagé beaucoup de couleurs différentes. J'ai aussi essayé de racler sur un pochoir et un masque mais je n'ai pas particulièrement aimé ça alors j'ai raclé plus de peinture par-dessus. Je vais continuer à jouer avec cette technique et peut-être que je trouverai une meilleure façon d'utiliser les pochoirs et masques.

15 comments:

iHanna said...

Nice page Sophie! Red and black are really cool together. I was using black on my pages too, inspired by Michelle's yummy mix of paints.

Hope you're having a creative weekend!

Michelle L. said...

This is so rich looking, what a great technique and effect. And thanks for the link to the crusade blog - a super cool place.

michelle ward said...

Sophie - loving your colors. Love that you tried the stencil/mask. Love that you admitted it didn't work so you simply scraped more layers. Great tip! Thanks for playing!

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

Very cool pages ! See, that's the fun part, if something doesn't turn out the way you thought it would, you just scrape over another layer LOL

Mona said...

Great page Sophie!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sophie that red just ROCKS. Fabulous pages.

Jessica said...

i love the red you used - it's really vibrant! Great pages!

Kathryn Costa said...

The best part about painting is that if you don't like the results, paint over it. I had a few attempts that were less successful and I had a blast going to town adding more layers of paint. Cheers to playing with paint!

Kim Tedrow said...

I think this is so cool -- it looks like shadowy figures in the red -- eerie and awesome...nice work! -Kim

VStarRider said...

wow Sophie, the red and black is so warm and vibrant. Isn't it great that we can just paint over it if it's not working out? I think that's so freeing!

Cindi

TJ said...

Love the bold red! I struggled with the masks as well but ended up liking the strangeness they created. Happy creations from germany, tj

goudenregen said...

Great colors, very bold. Had some trouble to with the stencils, had to work carefully with the credit card.

Jester said...

Very vibrant - isn't this scraping technique great?

Anonymous said...

I always motivated by you, your thoughts and attitude, again, appreciate for this nice post.

- Murk

Anonymous said...

Lovely page, great layers peeking through.