22 September 2010

Be kind - Soyez gentil

Mixed media, 5" x 7", on cardboard.
Layers upon layers upon layers.
I tried doing image transfers. One of them sort of worked (upper left corner.) The others, not so much... so I covered them with more layers. The white heart is a bit pinker in reality.

I'm still fighting a cold. Drinking lots of water and ginger tea. Eating a bit more spicy food. Resting in between work and play. Last night, I had my first belly-dancing lesson of the season. New teacher, new tricks. And this time, I'm in the "advanced" group so I'll probably be part of the show in May. Yikes! As long as it's fun, I'll keep doing it. When the fun is gone, I'll move on to something else. If everything in life was like that, there would be a lot more happy faces around us. So, today, do something fun. And be kind... to yourself, to others and to our beautiful planet. We all deserve it.

Multimédia, 12,75cm x 17,75cm, sur carton.
Couches par-dessus couches par-dessus couches.
J'ai essayé des transferts d'image. Un d'entre eux a plus ou moins fonctonné (coin supérieur gauche.) Les autres, pas tellement... alors je les ai recouverts avec plus de couches. Le coeur blanc est plus rosé en réalité.

Je me bats toujours contre un rhume. Je bois beaucoup d'eau et de thé au gingembre. Je mange un peu plus épicé. Je me repose entre le travail et le jeu. Hier soir, j'ai eu mon premier cours de baladi de la saison. Nouvelle instructrice, nouveaux trucs. Et cette fois, je suis dans le cours "avancé" alors je serai probablement dans le spectacle en Mai. Ayoye! (en bon québécois...) Tant que c'est amusant, je continue. Quand il n'y aura plus de plaisir, je passerai à autre chose. Si seulement tout était comme ça dans la vie, il y aurait plus de visages heureux autour de nous. Alors, aujourd'hui, faites quelque chose d'amusant. Et soyez gentils... envers vous-même, envers les autres et envers notre belle planète. Nous le méritons tous.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

The honeycomb effect along the right really appeals to me.

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Your belly dancing classes sound like fun.
Love all the textures and colours in your card
Lee:)

Janet said...

I didn't know you were fighting a cold. I hope you feel better soon.

This piece has such depth with all those layers. I like that things are just barely visible in the background....it gives it a bit of mystery.

And belly dancing! Is there no end to your talents!!

CeeCee said...

That's an inspiring piece. Love it! I hope you feel better soon, my friend :-)

Michelle L. said...

Lovely, and I can just see the image transfer, looks so ghostly and cool.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful art work, I love your work and this is so lovely i love the heart and the colour
hugs June xxxx