03 September 2010

Journal page with a quote - Page de journal avec une citation

"La vie c'est essayer des choses pour voir si elles fonctionnent."

I saw this quote on Kal's blog this week and I just had to write it down somewhere to remember it. What better place than my art journal? I usually write down quotes and notes I want to keep in notepads or old papers and then, they end up all over the place. Well, now, I want to use my art journal for those notes and quotes. So my plan is to have a series of backgrounds done so I can just write whatever it is I want to remember. After all, it is my art journal and it should contain what I like.
Quand j'ai vu cette citation sur le blogue de Kal cette semaine, je me suis dit que je devais l'écrire pour m'en souvenir. Et le meilleur endroit pour ça, c'est mon journal d'art, non? D'habitude, j'écris les sitations et notes que je veux garder dans des calepins ou sur de vieux papiers et ils se ramassent un peu partout. Et bien, maintenant, je veux me servir de mon journal d'art pour ces notes et citations. Alors je prévois faire une séries de fonds prêts à accueillir ce que je veux me souvenir en écrits. Après tout, c'est mon journal d'art et il devrait contenir ce que moi j'aime.


To all my American and Canadian readers, enjoy the long weekend. I know I will!
À toutes mes lectrices Américaines et Canadiennes, profitez de cette longue fin de semaine. Je le ferai certainement! 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Exactly.

Janet said...

That is a great quote. And your idea of writing them down in your journal makes perfect sense. I'm always jotting down a quote on a scrap of paper and then losing it.

ArtfulLee Designed said...

I love this idea of putting your quotes in a journal. I too have bits of paper and notebooks all over the place with quotes on them and they end up getting lost in a mountain of paper. I think this is a good way of "getting" the quote in your head too.
Lee:)