17 November 2009

Another W-I-P/Un autre T-E-C

Here's a new journal page that I started today. I tried something different for the background. I glued down various papers and then brushed gesso over the whole page. Before the gesso was completely dry, I brushed some watercolour (from a tube) to tint the background. When everything was dry, I used cardboard tubes with acrylic paint to stamp circles. I added some colour to a few circles with Neocolors and a slightly wet brush. For the border, I used a piece of scrapbook paper that I cut to the size of my page. Then, with an exacto knife, I cut a frame which I then glued to the page. I made the checkers with a Sharpie marker. The image of the little boy is a photo of my godfather as a child (a copy, of course.) And I added wings from ArtChixStudio. I'm excited to see what will come next!

***

Voici une nouvelle page de journal que j'ai commencé aujourd'hui. J'ai essayé quelque chose de différent pour le fond. J'ai collé différents papiers puis recouvert le tout d'un peu de gesso. Avant que celui-ci ne sèche complètement, j'ai ajouté de l'aquarelle en tube pour teinter le fond. Quand tout était sec, j'ai utilisé des tubes de carton et de la peinture acrylique pour étamper des cercles. J'ai ajouté de la couleur à certains cercles avec des Neocolors et un pinceau légèrement mouillé. Pour la bordure, j'ai pris un papier de scrapbooking que j'ai coupé aux dimensions de la page. Puis, avec un exacto, j'ai coupé un cadrage que j'ai ensuite collé sur la page. J'ai fait le damier avec un feutre Sharpie. L'image du garçon est une photo de mon parrain lorsqu'il était enfant (une copie, évidemment.) Et j'ai ajouté des ailes de ArtChixStudio. J'ai hâte de voir ce qui viendra ensuite!

No comments: