30 November 2009

My trivial pursuits/Mes poursuites triviales


Once again, I couldn't resist making my own journal instead of using store-bought ones. This will be my journal/binder for the month of December. There are a number of habits I want to change in my life right now and most of them are everyday things. And I want to keep a record of my efforts. So when I saw this game board, stamped with Trivial Pursuit on it, I knew it would be perfect for this journal. The board had originally 4 of these panels but I took the whole thing apart. I used some book binding tape to finish the top edges and some larger book binding tape to make the spine. I then punched 2 holes on each board so they would be at the same distance as an 8.5" x 8.5" scrapbook page protector which I had on hand. The journal measures 10" x 10" and I'm excited to work with this size. I plan to embellish the cover a bit more but will keep the title as is. More to come soon!

***

Encore une fois, je n'ai pu résister à la tentation de me fabriquer un journal plutôt que d'en utiliser un acheté en magasin. Celui-ci sera mon journal/cartable pour le mois de Décembre. Il y a plusieurs habitudes que je veux changer dans ma vie présentement et la plupart sont des choses de tous les jours. Et je veux documenter mes efforts. Alors quand j'ai vu ce plateau de jeu, étampé Trivial Pursuit (Poursuite Triviale), j'ai su qu'il serait parfait pour ce journal. Le plateau avait originalement 4 panneaux comme celui-ci mais j'ai tout démonté. J'ai utilisé du ruban autocollant pour la fabrication de livres pour finir le haut des couvertures puis un ruban plus large pour faire la reliure. J'ai ensuite poinçonné 2 trous sur chaque plateau pour qu'ils soient à la même distance qu'une page protectrice de scrapbooking de 21.5cm x 21.5cm que j'avais sous la main. Le journal mesure 25.5cm x 25.5cm et j'ai hâte de travailler avec ces dimensions. Je pense décorer un peu plus la couverture mais je vais garder le titre tel quel. Plus à venir bientôt!

2 comments:

Janet said...

That is so clever! I can't wait to see what you do with this journal.

Amy L. Fair said...

this is SO cool!